Tuesday, March 3, 2009

Working my way through

I'm excited to report that last week I wrapped up Genesis, and as soon as I'm done here I will begin Exodus. This journey through the Bible is more fun than any other adjective I can think of. I was doing 2 chapters Gen., 2 chapters Psalms, 2 chapters Is., 2 chapters Matthew every day. I got so wrapped up in Genesis that I just went for it. It' exciting to read and see Moses having full on discussions with God. It's also encouraging to see how much these men and women needed grace.

I am convicted by how much I needed to dig into , work through, and revisit God's Word. It all started with a friend telling me her dad read through the Bible 2x a year. I would encourage you to share your walk with Christ with others. You never know who you may inspire to make some changes. The table may be turned and they could inspire you.

1 comment:

  1. Jake has a Jewish Bible which is in a different order than the "Christian Old Testament". I'm reading my regular Bible through but in the Jewish order (it's more chronological I think) and that has proven to bring a new freshness to my reading. I'm in Psalms now.

    ReplyDelete