Sunday, March 15, 2009

Aunt Cindi came for a visit. She's Andy's sister, but I selfishly claim her as my own. We enjoy many of the same things, walking, talking, coffee, biking, the outdoors, craftiness, and the list goes on. Here are some of the highlights.
Every night when the kids would go to bed, we would break out Cities and Knights. I was robbed of 2 victories, which explains my above face. Sorry Cind, I know you weren't the biggest fan of this pic.
She came with a surprise. It was a quilt she had been working on since Christmas. It's beautiful and goes great in the girl's room.


We asked if she wanted to stay in the guest room many times. She decided to bunk in with the girls. They are so sad to have lost their favorite roommate, and 'Little Mermaid' impersonator. Lots of cuddles to hold everyone over til next time.

We also went bridesmaid dress shopping for Andy's brother's wedding. We had an appointment in downtown Chicago and tried on many floor length dresses. It probably would have been a blast, but I'm at that, 'Is she pregnant or just eating too much stage?' I was the one they had to make sure looked decent. I stuffed my depression down with Spanish tapas at my favorite restaurant, Cafe' Iberico.
We also went on an awful bike ride, due to spring gunk. 4 year old legs can't peddle through wet sand, they just can't. We also found a great find at an antique shop for the baby's room, pics to come later. We miss you already, and can't wait for the next visit.



No comments:

Post a Comment