Wednesday, March 4, 2009

Things I'm lovin'


1. For (L4)-yup I'm getting it together and using code now, please keep me on track.

http://www.oneplace.com/ministries/Your_Story_Hour/archives.asp. They come out with a new story every Sunday, and she can't wait. They just ran a series on Abraham Lincoln that she loved, listened and learned from.
*The girl loves grapefruits, and how do I say no to that?

*She asks everyday if we can read from 'Keys for Kids.' http://www.cbhministries.org/kfk/home.php

*We read any book we can find by this guy;http://www.carolhurst.com/authors/alobel.html

*That she is staying in her bed til 7:00 every morning

2. For C2

*That she calls Andy, 'my daddy', every time she addresses him

*C2 loves quiet activities (thank you Lord). She's really into coloring, puzzles and play-doh. Here is one of her favorites to explore, http://www.highlights.com/

*Fimming (swimming)- this means putting on her bathing suit and taking a dip in the tub. This is not our tub.

*On my latest excursion to the grocery store I picked up instant jello chocolate pudding and instant tapioca, 2 of my childhood favorites. Andy added the whole box of tapioca instead of the recommended 3 TBS, so it was interesting to say the least. Tonight we had poppyseed chicken followed by the chocolate pudding. Poppyseed chicken is something that I am personally loving too much.
*C2 is staying in bed until 6:30.
Here's the recipe for Poppyseed Chicken;
1. Grill 4-6 chicken breasts and cut up into 1" pieces.
2. Mix together 8oz. sour cream, 1 can crm. of chicken soup and 1TBS. of poppyseed.
3. Add Chicken to creamy mix and place in a 2Qt. casserole dish.
4. Crush up one sleeve of Ritz crackers and mix with a stick of melted butter. Place on top of chicken mixture.
5. Cook at 325 degrees for 30 minutes.
Everybody loves this and leftovers do not last. It goes great with homemade applesauce!



2 comments:

  1. Cute. I love it all and I love you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. love all these links! arnold lobel is great. but i had no idea what other books he had written besides the frog and toad books. i think my girlie could actually read many of these. thanks!
    also, we just finished listening to the story hour series on queen esther. lovely!

    ReplyDelete