Monday, March 9, 2009

In common.

I meet with a few women on a regular basis that were abandoned by parents that lost sight of the purpose of family.

The Israelites freaked out when Moses wasn't coming down the mountain in their time frame, and built a golden calf.

We all know of brothers and sisters who have left the faith to pursue______.

It seems the common thread is the ever-tossed around term, 'Follow your heart.'

Jeremiah 17:9 (New International Version)
The heart is deceitful above all things and beyond cure. Who can understand it?


2 verses of 'Generations' by Sara Groves.

I can taste the fruit of Eve I'm aware of sickness, death and disease

The results of our choices are vast Eve was the first but she wasn't the last

And if I were honest with myself Had I been standing at that tree

My mouth and my hands would be covered with fruit

Things I shouldn't know and things I shouldn't see

Remind me of this with every decision

Generations will reap what I sow I can pass on a curse or a blessing To those I will never know

She taught me to fear the serpent I'm learning to fear myself

And all of the things I am capable of In my search for wisdom, acceptance and wealth

And to say that the devil made me do it Is a cop out and a lie

The devil can't make me do anything When I'm calling on Jesus Christ

No comments:

Post a Comment