Monday, March 30, 2009

Road trip.

That's right, last week Andy and I set off on separate adventures for a week. He went on a 'Dirty Thirty' trip to Washington state and I went on a little road trip with the girls and my best friend of close to 17 years now, and her beautiful baby. To say it was fun would be an under statement. The camera hardly came out because I was usually laughing too hard to take any pictures. Sunday we dropped off Andy at the airport and Virginia and I headed to our hometown. That day was spent with extended family and eating Swiss Chicken, and Impossible Coconut Pie. The next morning I said goodbye to my parents and the girls and we set off for Missouri to visit, Jessica.


This day we headed out shopping in beautiful Kansas City, ate French food and had awesome conversation. Her little family is heading to France tomorrow for 6 weeks so timing was of the essence for this trip. Thanks Aaron and Corban for letting me borrow her for a few days. We had two birthdays to celebrate too! Cheesecake Factory was a perfect place to celebrate these awesome women and friends. 3 hours flew by and little babies needed to be fed.




It was such a blessing to be able to see where Jessica lives, and meet their little boy who was born during their time in Panama. The last day we were there we took a long walk downtown and talked some more (shocker).

Virginia and I headed back to our hometown and had a good 7 hours of talking on the way home. The trip took a little longer due to the fact that we would start talking and miss our exit. I spent a few more days relaxing with my parents and reading 'Jane Eyre.'

It was a trip that I will never forget and who knows the next time it will happen again. Thanks mom and dad for watching the girls and being just as excited about me going to visit good friends. Andy had an awesome time with 6 of his closest friends snowboarding everyday for a week. We were all reunited yesterday and crashed from the traveling. So I'm back and can't wait to get started on some projects close to home.


1 comment:

  1. Beautiful. All of it. I'm so glad you had a good time. (and that you are reading my all time favorite book! after you are done, you must find this movie and watch it. it is the best adaptation i have seen.) http://www.amazon.com/Jane-Eyre-Masterpiece-Theatre-2006/dp/B000LPQ6DE/ref=pd_bbs_sr_1?ie=UTF8&s=dvd&qid=1238423012&sr=8-1

    ReplyDelete