Sunday, May 2, 2010

May(hem) is here.

Tomorrow kicks off a month of celebrating. This guy is turning 31.


















30 didn't sound old, but 31 well... especially next to his very young 29-year old wife. Last night he thought he was having 'the big one.' He was surprised that it was merely indigestion, and the relief that came with Tums. I got a big kick out of that. We're going to go see the new 'Robin Hood' and eat at a Brazilian steak house. Another sign of his maturity was his birthday request.

Ok, enough ageism. The next very important day is Mother's day. The carnal side of me is always bummed that it falls in Andy's birthday week, but I press on. If I've gotten any sympathy from anyone reading this, here is a meek little list of gifts I would love!
1. Sleeping in.
2. A sappy Hallmark card that lists all of the wonderful things a mother does.
3. Dark Chocolate, an iced coffee, and a straight hour of reading.
4. Cuddle time with the whole family.
5 No chores, and an awesome dinner that I didn't prepare or clean-up.
6. A road bike ride.
7. Andy watching a girly movie with me and no sarcasm afterwards.

Not too much to ask, right?

There is also our 8 year anniversary and my mom's birthday later in the month, but I have a little time to prepare for those two. Now I have to head to the store for Mountain Dews and a whole lot of red meat.

3 comments:

  1. Polos huh? I love that you gave yourself a list. Andy should be happy about that since he is always asking you to make a Christmas list. I'll let him know you wrote that. We are having our 4 year anniversary!

    ReplyDelete
  2. "No chores, and an awesome dinner that I didn't prepare or clean-up."

    Or, do you mean..."No job, and an awesome dinner that tax money paid for, and free health insurance"...?

    I can see through your lies.

    ReplyDelete
  3. GAP polos. Who knew? Even though Wednesday is Cinco De Mayo, I am not changing my menu! Remember that one year we did Cinco De Mayo at our old house and I made Margharitas?

    PS-Have you been following either of my blogs?

    ReplyDelete