Monday, May 21, 2018

Parenting Expertise

Do you know what I have solidly learned about parenting between thousands of hours, 6 almost 7 children and experience?

1.  If you say something you don't want your kids to repeat they will inevitably repeat it.

2.  If you unwrap gum, chocolate, or say a 1/2 lb. bean and cheese burrito from taco bell that you are desperately craving within a mile radius, said children will all of a sudden have the most amazing hearing and understanding.  Laws of nature folks!

Today's Example;  A very sweet man from our church who has done tile work for 50 years volunteered to finish our shower out!  I mentioned in passing on our trip to Santa Cruz last week that if given the chance I would kiss his feet.  Today after the tile work was complete Bode biked right up to him with me standing right there and says, 'My mom wants to kiss your feet.'  #wildandfree  I for one want to bring back the parenting style of children are better seen and not heard. 


P.S. Pics to come of the completed bathroom!

No comments:

Post a Comment