Monday, May 21, 2018

Broken and Contrite

Andy is away this week at the river.  When this happens my room gets taken over by lots of little people, namely, all the boys pile in my bed.  Ridge has had a few days of disobeying consistently and I had decided yesterday was judgement day.  No more!   So at 6:45 at night when he said no and wouldn't budge I had had enough!  I picked him up, we did not pass go and I tucked him into bed.  I told him he could not disobey and then continue just being with everyone.  I told him I loved him and asked if he wanted me to pray with him, he said yes.  We prayed and I asked if he'd like me to stay with him a bit or go out to which he responded, 'go out.'  3:30 AM rolls around we're all fast asleep and I hear Ridge saying, 'mom, mom...'  "What Ridge, do you need to go potty?"  In his sweetest, sleepy voice he answers, 'I wanna say sorry and I'll obey.'  Talk about God moving separate from me.  I didn't have to cajole, coax, plead or beg.  It made me think of this verse.

The sacrifices of God are a broken spirit, a broken and contrite heart. Psalm 51:17

                                   Thankful that God uses me and works separately from me!  

No comments:

Post a Comment