Monday, August 27, 2012

Food,Family and Flowers

The older I get (gah, did I just say that?) the more lovely and enjoyable those things become.  This weekend we celebrated my dad turning 60 and my brother turned 30.  My mom is literally the best cook and hostess I know.  She always  cooks for an army.  It's what her side of the family is known for.  My grandma always made at least 4 desserts.  This weekend she made delicious pulled pork, triple chocolate cake, and sangria, just to name a few. My aunt Vickie was in the kitchen helping, and it's a beautiful thing to watch two sisters make cooking look like a dance.  I have a cookbook of the Crum side's recipes that I can't wait to use!!



 Flowers around our house have really taken shape this spring/summer season and make my heart sing!


 These little sedum were growing out of the rocks at the beach, grow anywhere and require no  maintenance!
                          The ever faithful and hardy geraniums, vinca, portulaca, lantham and impatients.

  Today this high chair becomes robin's egg blue to match so many of my favorite pieces, Thanks to  Cindi  for your constant thoughtfulness!(=

1 comment:

  1. Love it all! Can't wait to have flowers around as pretty as urs! The high chair is going to be so cute!

    ReplyDelete