Friday, August 31, 2012

A prayer

I woke up this morning excited to prayer journal, and thought maybe this could help someone.

Dear Heavenly Father, I am convicted again how much I need You, Your love, and Your grace.  I am seeing people through my eyes instead of Yours-I hate that... I don't want to, but it sneaks up on me, stealing the joy out of relationships and circumstances.  I am sorry that it takes me everyday of my life to learn that each person is precious to You,no matter how I feel ,or where we stand on things.  Help me to be thankful again, to remember again, Your unending gifts and salvation alone!  Thankyou for hands that help all around, in ways I don't even know.  Thankyou for the people who pray for me that I am unaware of.  Teach me to be a person that prays.  Bring people to mind and break my heart for them.  So much hurt happens, I pray I wont' get caught up in my own little world.  Let me have hands that reach out, help and point others to You.  Thankyou for my health, and the health of our family...that alone should keep me thankful all day.  Please continue to soften our kids hearts to You, to truth.  Protect them as they go through each day.  God, thankyou for holding the universe and caring about me, my best works really are filthy rags, so much of the time my motives are not Yours.  Thankyou for continuing to work on me, and make me like You.  Help me come to You about things instead of complaining about things in vain. Why do I do that?  Only You heal.  I am fearful so much of the time, but I want to be bold.  I don't want to hear news and freeze in fear.  Help me to move forward sheltered by You alone.  I pray that every conversation I have will be full of grace, truth and love, forgive me for so many times that it hasn't been.  Today ,specifically I pray for wisdom and patience.  I know you have heard those 2 before, mothering seemed to bring me to my knees so much more.  I am so thankful for that! So thankyou for this gift of today.  Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment