Tuesday, September 28, 2010

A few mistakes lately.

1. Tonight I rented 'Last Song.'
2. Yesterday I efficiently rose at 6 am and planned school for the day. I then efficiently crawled back into bed at 6:45 and stayed there til 9. Does this count as a teacher inservice?
3. Wanted to have the house smell 'fall-like', so I simmered apple peels and cinnamon, apparently way too long, and spent the next few days scrubbing that pan.
4. Was hurt that we were just going out to dinner for my b-day. I really got upset about this and let Andy know how hurt I was. He apologized as we walked into our friend's house and heard, 'Surprise.' Yeah, I felt really stupid.
Yay, for feeling stupid, it's so refreshing to lean on a perfect Savior, and realize it's not up to me or about me.

6 comments:

  1. So glad I'm not the only one who makes mistakes...

    ReplyDelete
  2. What? The Last Song was a mistake? I STILL really want to see it. Can you tell me why it was a "mistake" without ruining the movie for me?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just don't dye your hair ash blonde during Last Song... It will be a million times more sad. And a million times more of a big mistake.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You failed to mention your bad attitude over your birthday when we were on the phone. That would have provided some laughter instead of tears!
    Love you and can't wait to see you in Nov!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. If it is any consolation, I have set off our smoke detector while cooking dinner three nights in a row. One night, for a flaming pita bread in the toaster oven.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow guys. this has been fun. Natalie, our oven had something that smoked for weeks, before I took time to clean it. I understand completely.

    ReplyDelete