Wednesday, August 25, 2010

We're back in civilization.

Thank you Lord! We lived rustically, but 'comfortably.' Who am I kidding, not comfortable. When you had to go to the bathroom, you squatted, held your breath and found a happy place. When you needed hot water ,you warmed it up. If you felt dirty, you went swimming, but it makes you thankful for everything you have. Our van was loaded down with gear, bikes, nalgenes etc... Mark Driscoll sermons were on our playlist and we were off. First day in Ely, MN I biked around the lake we were staying on and wrecked pretty bad. I didn't let it keep me down. The whole family went on a 5 1/2 mile hike to Dry Falls for some swimming. The cabin was on a lake and canoes were a plenty. Campfires every night where Lily perfected the art of story telling. The girls loved my old pioneer girls songs. A strange highlight for me were the 15 year-old 'Focus on the Family' magazines laying around. Also Andy got up with the kids every morning! We loved eating at the Chocolate Moose. That sums up our trip, sort of. Now, I'm going to go abuse running water, maybe go crazy and leave it on the whole time I brush my teeth.


Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

  1. ahh, home sweet home. we frequented the chocolate moose during our stint in good ole ely. did you get into the BWCA at all?

    ReplyDelete