Monday, July 11, 2011

Love your neighbor as yourself.





When I was in high school I worked at a CEF Camp, which started my passion for Christian camping. They are very strong on the Gospel presentation and I love that! A great tool they offer is called 5 day clubs. Teens from the area give their time to come to your house do songs,Bible time, games and just fun stuff kids love. They also tell the great story of Jesus every day for 5 days. Claire bear is in her one-on -one time going through the wordless book in that middle pic. It made me tear up a little, praying and hoping she gets it! It's easy to host and a great way to reach out to your neighborhood, which should be our greatest mission field. As Christians we should be the kindest, hospitable and caring neighbors people have ever known! The only thing I had to do was drive around passing out invites, provide the snack and open my doors, I encourage you to get involved in some way in your neighbor's lives. Here's the link if your interested-5 day clubs
Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

  1. Made me tear up too! I love this post. Praying for your kiddos. I would love to host something like that.

    ReplyDelete
  2. just stumbled upon here. wow this club idea sounds so cool. Praying for the club. I would really enjoy hosting something like this.

    ReplyDelete