Monday, December 20, 2010

Feisty.

The word of the day is feisty. Sometimes I can get feisty. I am a justice seeker, freedom fighter, zealot, kind of girl. I see things, I call them like I see them and then I want to make things right. Thankfully in these moments God has sent me Andy. I'll be on a roll, talking about how things 'should' be and he'll pull me into a quiet place. He'll say, 'sit down.' Then he proceeds to pray for me... things like, 'Thank you God for your grace, and mercy and peace, help us to love others how you love them.' Usually, I don't get it until I wake up the next morning and realize that His mercies are new every morning. In these moments I thank God for Andy and the balance He brings.

Occasionally I'll pray for Andy to be a little more 'feisty.' That's just between you and me.

No comments:

Post a Comment