Thursday, April 8, 2010

So I was driving home the other night.

I was beyond excited and couldn't wait to come home and blog about my excitement. I've been praying for God to bring people into my life that need Him, and of course He provided. This may come as quite a surprise but being a stay-at-home mom, living at a Christian camp with all Christians, doesn't equal tons of evangelism. He provided 2 families actually, and then I walked through the door to meltdowns and mayhem. My 5 year-old had gotten into quite a bit of trouble with the little neighbor that needs Jesus and I was reminded how messy life-on-life evangelism can be. But strangely this was also a blessing. That night we wrestled, and I do mean wrestled, with some character flaws (a.k.a. sin) in my 5 year-old that would have possibly stayed under the radar if she would have never been told, ' it's ok to sneak over, your mom won't be mad.' We are not hear to keep our yards perfect and our hands clean, we are here on this earth with a mission (Mt. 28:19-20). As much as I want to keep to ourselves and lead safe lives that's not why I'm here, so it's bound to get messy. So now to figure out the careful balance of loving and living and showing them Jesus and at the same time protecting and nurturing a 5 year-old who has only known Jesus a year and is very influential. That's where I'm at. On a side note less is best once again. I am no longer folding all day. I have a lot more free time for awesome things like, cleaning toilets. It's great!

1 comment: