Friday, March 26, 2010

An Experiment.

A big chore that had begun to take over my life was refolding and putting the girl's clothes away. So it dawned on me. If they didn't have so many clothes, we wouldn't have as much to launder or fold or organize/put away. So it's bare bones now. 4shirts-2 long 2 short, 2 pants jeans/ slacks, 2 skirts, 1 dress. I was gracious and left them their underwear, p.j.'s, and socks. There was great wailing and bitter looks from 2 fashionistas. Some Cheerios and a bubble bath got them over the worst of it. They can earn them back, by folding and putting away their clothes consistently. We'll keep you updated on the progress.

4 comments:

  1. sounds good to me...definitely interested in an update. my solution is harping, "put away your clothes! don't leave the drawers hanging open! if it's not dirty, don't put it in the laundry!" we go from one extreme to another. i am often finding dirty shirts put back in drawers...sigh.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gina, I hear you. I bent a little and they have 4 shirts, but now they know I'm not kidding. I went into lots of choices being a luxury not a necessity. I don't know why it's such an issue, but it was time for some natural consequences. I'll come back in a week and we shall see. Happy Birthday too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can't believe it is March in Wisconsin, and they've already had outdoor pool time. I say this as I am on the couch with pants, long sleeves, AND a blanket wrapped around me! You are such a good "outside" mom. Lucky for Peyton, she has recess at school now, so she gets far more outdoor time than poor little Ellie.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I agree...you are a good "outside" mom. I like this experiment and hope it works out for you all.

    ReplyDelete