Tuesday, September 22, 2009

Me, busy? nah...

Ok, it's really busy around here. Someone is always, hungry, going potty, singing, tracking in, or doing all of the above. It's awesome, and I wouldn't trade it for the world-possibly sleep--I tease. I am enjoying homeschooling and the flexibility it has offered in these early days of newborndom. Every morning the kids wake up, and climb in for cuddles. Andy fake sleeps a little longer (not a morning person), and I start handing out commands ie... iced coffee please, don't bounce the baby's head, stop putting your feet between my legs, time to get dressed. After the morning chores are under way, coffee is sipped, baby is fed we commence school. It is SO laid back and that's what I love! If you want details of our schedule, I'd be happy to share, just let me know. The weather has been gorgeous, so we are trying to be out as much as possible before winter. Andy is playing flag football, and mountain biking pretty regularly. I've also discovered the BEST hot chocolate recipe. Check it out on the Hershey's unsweetened cocoa powder. I like mine with whip cream and cinnamon on top. I'm going to be teaching zumba again starting mid-October and look forward to that. Andy is going through this with the girls and it's made me cry a few times. They always want to hear more and that's exciting to us. Time to go, but I hope to update more than less. Happy Fall!

4 comments:

  1. Way to go Em! Sounds like your doing great! I think of you offten and like reading your blogs! Give me a call some time so we can catch up!
    Elizabeth -

    ReplyDelete
  2. Can't wait to see you in a week and be part of the busy life. Also, I have a good iced coffee recipe. It's more like an iced latte!

    ReplyDelete
  3. sounds like a good busy. thanks for the little glimpse! i would love to know how you're doing school. i'm always curious about what works for other moms. are you doing the charlotte mason approach? a mix?

    ReplyDelete
  4. We love "The Story Book Bible." In fact we are back in it for our morning devotions. We got it two years ago and have been through it so many times, but the kids still beg to "keep reading." So glad you are enjoying homeschooling. We are loving it here too, but the business is there for sure. Oh well, I would rather have this than not!

    ReplyDelete