Tuesday, July 28, 2009

Let's be honest.

I have time. As odd as that sounds as a mother of 2 little ones, I do. My oldest is playing with goats and chickens in the nature area and my youngest is sleeping. I already had a 20 minute siesta, which let's be honest again, happens VERY frequently these days. L turned 5 this week and we partied. I thought I would share some highlights of what turned out to be my favorite party I have thrown. First I'll tell you why it was my favorite and then the pictures.



1. I hardly cooked! Now I like cooking and all, but if you can remove that from an occasion where other prep has to happen, well I like that better. The b-day girl had requested salmon, avocado/tomato salad, and strawberry cake. Andy made delicious salmon, my mom made the salad and cake, and I bought Izze's and bread from Walmart. Voila'!

2. Small guest list. When I began this journey of parenting parties in my mind were bigger=better. I sit here today friends a changed woman. Keep it simple is my new stand-by. We invited close family, our best friends and the kids closest friends, and the night was splendid!

3. Make it special without the expense. My parents brought up a small patio table for the birthday girl and her best friend to sit at. I cut some zinnia's from the garden and they felt oh so grown up.

So, some lessons learned on my behalf. Here are some of my favorite pictures from the night. I should also mentioned that I had a minor breakdown when I realized my baby is 5. How did that happen?




































Here's the birthday girl's request every morning after chocolate milk. Put the Avett Brothers on

No comments:

Post a Comment