Tuesday, April 7, 2009

Helter-skelter

Not too much too report from here, as of late. Remember the 91 year-old who came to dinner? She had 2 pieces of pizza, which I found impressive. Life is good and quiet... Spring has been teasing us, and winter is hanging on for dear life. I finished up 'Jane Eyre' and enjoyed it so much that I checked out 'Wuthering Heights' today. I didn't read these classics growing up, and they are such a treat to be discovering now. We are trying to make the Easter season really special with lots of fun, but hopefully purposeful activities that include; daily readings from Luke covering 'The Triumphal Entry' to the 'Resurrection' on Sunday morning and a Friday night worship concert at a local church. Eggs will be colored and found, hot cross buns will be had and a lamb cake to boot. Anyone know how to make a good lamb cake? I have also started work on my thesis which God took in a different direction than I had originally thought. I am making a mentorship packet for young women, and I'm so excited! God is really giving me more hours in the day, creativity and energy to finish this journey. I am so grateful and excited to see it be used.

In the great words of our librarian (who I love) today at story time, 'Easter is all about bunnies and eggs.' This was a needed reminder to me that if we're not teaching our kids the real meaning of life and holidays don't be surprised when they're 20 and not getting it.

1 comment:

  1. Wow, Emily! You are busy! I've been late this year in getting my Holy Week stuff together. I looked for lamb cake help on the web and came up with this cupcake idea: http://parenting.ivillage.com/gs/gscelebrations/0,,birthdayparty_d06q7wd7,00.html It's cute, but a little time-consuming... so I think we're going to just going to make and decorate sugar cookies. I have lots of shapes from Christmas and picked out a few that pertain to Holy Week: an angel, a bell, a "J," a tree. I'd love to add a lamb to it--we'll see what I can come up with tomorrow! Happy Easter!

    ReplyDelete