Saturday, June 16, 2012

Glimpses of the girl's room








Both girls were in day camp this week ,so I finished up their room.  I am really happy with how it came together.  Sometimes,(most of the time) the idea in my head doesn't happen.  This time it did.  Furniture,walls and trim are all freshly painted, curtains were washed, every inch was cleaned and organized.  A family heirloom quilt sits pretty at the end of their bed, and graduation decorations that were going to be thrown away were the perfect touch to hang from the ceiling!  Sorry I couldn't get a whole room picture.  We need a new lens, hopefully this casts a vision though.  

2 comments:

  1. I LOVE it! and I love the quilt! great colors!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very nice room. If the quilt you have folded on the bed came from my Grandmother it would be from their Great Great Grandmother, Clara Belle Parker Wollum. And if from my great grandma, then their Great Great Great Grandma Wollum, I don't remember her name just that she spanked me for supposedly putting soap in her well. And I needed to always bring the firewood in to cook and bake on her kitchen stove and that she chewed tobacco. Most women did down there in Kentucky. They called it chawed backee. And of course I was around a bit of moonshine which I never drank. Sorry for making this so long, it just flowed...

    ReplyDelete