Sunday, March 18, 2012

Today driving,

I had a flashback to driving in the sun as a 19 year old in college, not a care in the world except what I would wear and getting my homework done. I swallowed hard and fought back tears. Time moves fast! How do I have an almost 8 year old and 3 other little ones?? I was also reminded recently exactly what my time on earth is for. God saved me through His Son Jesus and I cannot live passively. I want to spend my time sharing that truth until my time runs out. I have been praying for opportunities to tell others about Jesus and on top of that to take advantage of them when they present themselves. So, here it goes... life on earth is hard, lots of hurt, pain, sadness, with fleeting moments of happiness. God came to give life more abundantly and heal all those hurting places in our lives. All we have to do is accept His free gift He is offering us which is eternal life. But how? It's simple, He has not made it complicated. We have sinned, and sin and Heaven which is perfect can't be together. Trust me you wouldn't want murder, hate and the like in Heaven, it wouldn't be much to look forward to if that was there. We needed to be saved and that's where Jesus comes in. He became man, left Heaven, died on the cross, and rose again so that me, and you could live with Him free from the hurt, pain, sadness... Seems impossibly easy right? It doesn't depend on us being good, or having enough faith, or saying the right phrase it just takes us saying, 'I can't do this on my own, please God I need Jesus. I want to spend eternity with you.'

Acts 16:31

English Standard Version (ESV)

31 And they said, “Believe in the Lord Jesus, and you will be saved, you and your household.”

Luke 19:10

'For the Son of man came to seek and to save the lost.'


No comments:

Post a Comment