Friday, April 29, 2011

Eucharisteo

This blog has been a long time coming. I come on here to write and thenI wonder how much of my heart to share. I have been in a funk. A laundry doing, diaper-changing, homeschooling, dishes-washing funk. Then you start asking yourself, 'Is it really that bad?' I know others are going through much worse. All you know, is what you know, and I was struggling. Just in time God sent a friend who passed on to me the book 'One Thousand Gifts.'
It was a needed wake-up call.
I was not lacking anything but perspective and it had robbed my joy. I love the line from the book, 'How do you open the eyes to see how to take the daily domestic, workday vortex and invert it into the dome of an everyday cathedral?' My eyes are opening. I am hugging longer, kissing warm cheeks, stilling my heart, and thanking God for every little thing I can possibly thank Him for. And it's spreading. Lily's prayer today at lunch, 'Thankyou God for a mom who teaches me, a sister who plays with me and cute, little River.' That's what I want to pass on. That's who I want to be. I would argue that as Christians there is no place in our life for ingratitude if we have grasped what we have been saved from and saved into. There is a theme through scripture of pouring ourselves out, not for men, but to God's glory and being filled again. So I say it out loud whenever I'm thankful for something, I want others to hear that. I write it down for days when I have a short memory-which is more often than not. And I take pictures of moments that God in His goodness has blessed me with . I will finish this race to the glory of God, and I want to finish as a Mary, at Jesus' feet, not a Martha always busy doing good things and never enjoying His presence.









So much to be thankful for so little time.
Posted by Picasa

4 comments:

  1. AMEN and AMEN can't wait to read the book see you soon, love, Mom

    ReplyDelete
  2. WONDERFUL, I am loving that book as well!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such great thoughts, Emily! I'm reading the book, too, and am refreshed and thankful.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I want to buy 50 copies and hand them out. It's a book I will revisit yearly. It's fun to know that miles apart we are all reading and growing!

    ReplyDelete