Wednesday, October 14, 2009

Could it be?

Yup, I think that some creative ideas are starting to bud for my favorite time of year and my favorite people. This year's homemade Christmas is sure to be better than last year's. We're veterans now. Uncle Kurt will not be receiving one size 14 and one size 9 slippers from me this year. He'll be receiving a lump of coal because of his bad attitude, jk. Veterans don't make mistakes like that. No, I think everyone will be very pleased.

















One of my favorite things about this time of year is the baking that goes along with it. Who am I kidding I am always up for a baked good. In yesterday's cooking class we made these and there's one left. They are great in the afternoon with a cup of tea, and a game of uno.



Molasses Cookies

1 cup sugar 2 cups flour
3/4 cup softened butter 2tsp baking soda
1/4 cup molasses 1/2 tsp salt
1 egg 1/2tsp cinnamon
1/2 tsp ginger

In a large bowl combine sugar, butter, molasses and egg. Blend well. Stir in remaining ingredients and blend well. Chill dough for easier handling. Lightly grease cookie sheets. Heat oven to 375. Shape dough into 1-inch balls, roll balls in sugar. Place 2 inches apart on cookie sheets. Bake 10-12 minutes.

5 comments:

  1. I too have a few ideas up my sleeve! Watch out "Homemade Christmas '09"

    I was going to ask you for that recipe!! Thanks! I already have Molasses from another recipe I made a year ago. Does molasses last that long?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh and Andy's harry leg is pretty funny

    ReplyDelete
  3. Molasses lasts a long time. Not sure the official word on it but I think your good.

    ReplyDelete
  4. are you taking a cooking class or are you doing a cooking class with l as part of homeschooling? or what?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Homeschooling, I should have been clearer. Hey Bethany.

    ReplyDelete